MSG Bulletin

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: MSG Bulletin

Post by Aiko »

Chris in Leeds wrote:just wondering if the MSG membership has gone up with new members from the Far East
There was an entire page with a list of new members, with indeed quite a few Asian names from cities around the world. I was expecting the total members to go up too, but according to page one that states the circulation of the bulletin it is still close to 500 (as it always has been in the last ten years or so). I don't think that will explain the higher demand for seeds from the list.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hello Aiko,

Whilst the number of members quoted in the last Bulletin was around the 500 mark, this is the number of members who have renewed their subscriptions or who joined taking advantage of the option to join in October/November and take advantage of a 15 months membership including the last issue of that year. This is not the total number of people who paid for 2017 but who have so far paid for 2018 and as we all know not everyone renews their subscription immediately.

Just about one month later and the membership numbers are now at 593 with a further 111 who were members in 2017 and who may yet renew.

Regards, Suzanne
Mesemb Study Group
jjm
BCSS Member

Post by jjm »

I just got mine. Wisconsin USA.
Ivan
Registered Guest

Post by Ivan »

topsy wrote:MSG Bulletin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm
We have paid for a better service for all the non-UK members' Bulletins to be sent and I will be interested to know when they arrive...
Suzanne

My Volume 32/Number 2/2018 MSG Bulletin has just arrived. Hope this helps you and maybe the "better service".

Ivan
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Ivan wrote:
We have paid for a better service for all the non-UK members' Bulletins to be sent and I will be interested to know when they arrive...
Suzanne

My Volume 32/Number 2/2018 MSG Bulletin has just arrived. Hope this helps you and maybe the "better service".

Ivan
Its a Lithops Special. Enjoy, I did.
Cheshire, UK
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Ivan wrote:
Suzanne

Ivan
I got mine on Saturday a week ago. But there is less water in between for me than for you.
MaciejW
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY

Post by MaciejW »

Has anybody else picked up on the fact that it should have actually been Volume 33 Numer 2 2018! We had volume 32 last year plus number 1 2018 was correctly numbered as Vol 33! :smile: :smile: :smile:
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Thanks for spotting that and letting us know, new glasses and new editor needed !!!!

Suzanne
MaciejW
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY

Post by MaciejW »

topsy wrote:Thanks for spotting that and letting us know, new glasses and new editor needed !!!!

Suzanne
No trouble Suzanne! It makes it 'collectors item' :wink:
Magi
Registered Guest

Post by Magi »

Got mine just this past day, really enjoyed the travel log with Lithops comptonii.

On the flip side It is sad to learn that the Smales will no longer be curating the seed distribution; though I am in no way reselling my seeds for a ridiculously inflated price, and was in fact just growing them to fuel my new found hobby, I could not help but feel a tad responsible for driving out Terry and Jennifer after the fact that is was my first time ordering from MSG.

I am curious to see how the board decides to regulate the distribution next year, and I hope it wouldn't be as much of a sh*t show like this year's.

I appreciated all the hard work the Smales had put in over the past dozens years. Thank you!