Pots..

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mal
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Member

Pots..

Post by Mal »

Has anyone used desert rose for square pots, I have use them for a few years now and they seem rather good.
Take a look at their site at........
www.desertrosesoils.com
Regards Mal.
Mal. Aylesbury vale Bucks. cacti and succulents. T.S.G.member.
agavedave
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Pots..

Post by agavedave »

For me personally , I would give any web site that does not show a registered business address a wide berth.

Regards
Dave
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Mike P »

Agreed Dave it seems to lack any details about the company.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Agreed
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

There should be something soon from Manchester Branch about BEF pots. Definitely a reliable source, even without a business address.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

Its illegal not to give a business address on a website but loads miss them off. Sometimes is can be found under 'contact us' but I didn't see anything. If its a sole trader the have to give there name and address and their trading as details. We were given this information by one of the government agencies helping new businesses when we set up our business ten years ago.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

Interesting that the only plant available on the site is described as 'succulent plant' and costs £1. Probably best to avoid unless someone wants to buy one and let us know what turns up.

Stuart
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Chez2 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:51 pm Its illegal not to give a business address on a website but loads miss them off. Sometimes is can be found under 'contact us' but I didn't see anything. If its a sole trader the have to give there name and address and their trading as details. We were given this information by one of the government agencies helping new businesses when we set up our business ten years ago.
TRUE .... but .... one can only but agree with previous correspondents .... a proper point of contact does create some degree of confidence in a company
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

MikeT wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:29 am There should be something soon from Manchester Branch about BEF pots. Definitely a reliable source, even without a business address.
Reliable --- most certainly --- one doesn't have to think about that one
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Mal has already said he has used them before, I'm sure he was trying to be helpful
I have use them for a few years now and they seem rather good.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.