Echevaria minima (ISI 1014)

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Echevaria minima (ISI 1014)

Post by Eric Williams »

I have a small problem with this plant. As you can see it is in need of some TLC. I cannot put it into a larger bowl as it needs, as I have no room. If I break it up and re pot into single pots, same problem, no room. I could break up all the outside heads and put it back into fresh compost and same size bowl. Any suggestions greatfully received. Thanks.
image.jpeg
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Echevaria minima (ISI 1014)

Post by juster »

Nice plant Eric. I think your last suggestion makes the most sense: reduce the size of the clump and repot with fresh compost into the same bowl. I do this regularly with my Echeverias and Sempervivums, otherwise it would be impossible to accommodate them. Good luck!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

I'd enter it in a show before taking it to pieces. It deserves a day on the showbench

Stuart
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Root a couple of offsets and sell the rest to Stuart for propagation, he obviously likes it!