Cintia knizei seedlings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
fatich
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Cintia knizei seedlings

Post by fatich » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I ve sown some Cintia knizei seedlings and they look like etiolated.They are close to 2months old.
Do they grow like this? I ve searched but couldnt find any photos of early stage of the Cintia seedlings.
Attachments
IMG_20190515_190313.jpg
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cintia knizei seedlings

Post by Echinocactus123 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 pm

They look ok to me. Cintia seedling often look like that, the seedlings should start looking more rounded as they grow. :smile:
Henry,

A mixed collection of mainly cacti including astrophytum, mammillaria, lophophora, echinocactus, echinocereus and other desert cacti.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann » Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Normal. Maybe slightly stretched, but don't panic. Not sure if they look like this in habitat, but those will produce happy adults.
Cheshire, UK
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko » Wed May 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Mine are not this stretched. But I guess it depends mostly on how your other seedlings are doing. I have seen before you grow nice plants, so if your other seedlings are not this etiolated looking, I am sure these are just stretchy on their own account (and maybe the strechness even depends on its original locality).
fatich
Registered Guest

Post by fatich » Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Thank you all for your answers, i feel relaxed now.:)
i think other seedlings are doing fine under same conditions.

Here are Echinomastus unguispinus laui seedlings and another seedling germinated with them after 3months, i dont know which specie it is.
Attachments
IMG_20190515_222703.jpg