Coleocephalocereus & seed list

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: Coleocephalocereus & seed list

Post by Herts Mike »

I have an aureus with a decent cephalium.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

:useless: please, :grin:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member

Post by Herts Mike »

Tomorrow!
My computer is in my outdoor office and it's too cold to go in there!
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

my outdoor office and it's too cold to go in there
poor PC what did it do wrong, I can wait :mex:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I had eleven packets of MMd but I haven't done very well with them on the whole - only four are still with me and, probably because they've had to contend with my 'hard' cultivation, most of them are still fairly puny. The first was from the Dec 2009 list and the other three from Dec 2010. I wish I'd been more careful as seed of Brazilians is so rarely available. Incidentally, has anybody come across a field number list for MMd? I have habitat details associated with only the 989 in my spreadsheet.
Coleocephalocereus decumbens MMd 989
Micranthocereus albicephalus MMd 978
Micranthocereus purpureus MMd 1086
Pilosocereus pachycladus ssp pachycladus MMd 1020
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Herts Mike
BCSS Member

Post by Herts Mike »

Here is aureus -
IMG_5627.JPG
And goebelianus -
IMG_5624.JPG
This is Cipocereus bradei. This is a weird one. After about 3 years the growing point went blind which didn't trouble me too much as I expected it to branch. Nothing happened. 3 years ago I thought I would actually cut the top off to see if that would start it up - nothing. It's definitely alive but hasn't grown for 6 years Any suggestion as to how to shock it into growth?
IMG_5623.JPG
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

The aureus is a handsomely WEIRD plant, have you had it long, any more info so the plant at the national years ago was one of these not Coleocephalocereus goebelianus as I had thought.
Do you think these like more water than other cactus ?? I wonder if I keep them too dry.
Tina

Bucks, UK
Herts Mike
BCSS Member

Post by Herts Mike »

I grew all these from seed but can't recall when for aureus. I put mine outside all summer long last year so it got what it got. I did that because the cephalium had stopped growing but has now started again.

What do you reckon on bradei though?