Impressive and not so impressive flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Impressive and not so impressive flowers

Post by Phil Hocking »

I have the following in flower at the moment. The Rebutia heliosa is always guaranteed to put on a good show. The Lobivia needs a name, although I realise that won't be easy just going by the flowers. This is the first time I have managed to get flowers on an Epithelantha micromeris so I am quite pleased despite their underwhelming size and form.
Rebutia heliosa
Rebutia heliosa
Lobivia unknown
Lobivia unknown
Epithelantha micromeris
Epithelantha micromeris
Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Impressive and not so impressive flowers

Post by David_L »

Difficult without a better view of the body, but your Lobivia looks like it might be close to Lobivia arachnacantha.
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
anders
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by anders »

David_L wrote: your Lobivia looks like it might be close to Lobivia arachnacantha.
The flower looks just like those on my arachnacantha v. torricellisensis.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Hi David

Here is a photo I took soon after getting it last year, concentrating on the body and excluding the flower. I hope that helps.
lobivia_unknown.jpg
Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.