What cacti do you buy?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
LithopsRule
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: What cacti do you buy?

Post by LithopsRule »

This thread appears to have become an entire Forum unto itself :lol: , covering everything from detailed Pseudolithos germination conditions to the precise use of English plurals. Could we address the issue of how to achieve peace and love in the world too? ;)

I understand what you mean, Tina, about the possibility of growing more commercially possibly spoiling some of the fun, but I guess I see it like cooking: it is fun to provide other people with fine dishes to enjoy, provided one can share in the experience (e.g. by keeping a couple of each plant one sells for personal delectation).

I have been very impressed recently to receive postcards from plants I sold, updating me on their progress. Maybe I should follow the Hong Kong model, and rent plants on 99 year lease rather than sell them, so that they remain "in the family" if only in theory? A novel model... :roll:

Thanks again for all the contributions!
Euan Arnott (Cheshire, UK)

Novice grower renewing his teenage enthusiasm. Rapidly burgeoning Lithops, Lophophora, and Ferocactus populations, plus a few old stalwarts which have acompanied me through the years!
jamesfe
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: What cacti do you buy?

Post by jamesfe »

[quote][/quote]Could we address the issue of how to achieve peace and love in the world too?

May I suggest to put on a John Lennon record.

I seem to buy more cacti and succulent seeds then plants. I have more than 200 different plant species that I plan on sowing toward the end/first of the year.