I think I have a problem

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aiko
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: I think I have a problem

Post by Aiko »

Oh dear. I bought about 500 pots a week ago during ELK...
Lucky enough only five plants.
FairyCastles
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by FairyCastles »

I feel so sorry for the little Lithops I left behind...

I have also measured my window sill and I can fit a few more pots on... And I still haven't started on the kitchen window sill!
Growing Gymnocalycium and Frailea family
georged
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by georged »

I keep telling myself that I do not have room for any more. Then I see another "must have" plant and it"s "Well, maybe just one more".

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said something along the line of "the best way to rid yourself of temptation is to give way".
George
Uckfield, East Sussex. Small but varied collection of cacti, succulents and a few others.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

FairyCastles wrote:Have I got a problem?
Quite the reverse. Your vision is already improving. You can see much more clearly than before that your windowsills are too small. You can see much more clearly what a problem it is not having a greenhouse. The prognosis is very good; I'm sure you will continue to make progress. Once you have a greenhouse, you will then be able to see the design faults inherent in all greenhouses (they don't stretch very well, and they are all too small). Your horizons are already expanding. There is no way back.
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
DragonFish66
BCSS Member
Branch: BERKHAMSTED & District

Post by DragonFish66 »

FairyCastles wrote:I feel so sorry for the little Lithops I left behind...

I have also measured my window sill and I can fit a few more pots on... And I still haven't started on the kitchen window sill!
Haha you will soon get to the point were you have to thin them out, as they have a tendency to grow to fast for my likeing :lol: one of my windowsills has been turned into a seedling sill :lol: dont know were im going to put them all when they grow :roll: you could always put a shelf up on a window like ive had to do :lol:

FairyCastles
BCSS Member

Post by FairyCastles »

MikeT wrote:
FairyCastles wrote:Have I got a problem?
Quite the reverse. Your vision is already improving. You can see much more clearly than before that your windowsills are too small. You can see much more clearly what a problem it is not having a greenhouse. The prognosis is very good; I'm sure you will continue to make progress. Once you have a greenhouse, you will then be able to see the design faults inherent in all greenhouses (they don't stretch very well, and they are all too small). Your horizons are already expanding. There is no way back.
:lol:
I do have a plan!
DragonFish66 wrote:
FairyCastles wrote:I feel so sorry for the little Lithops I left behind...

Haha you will soon get to the point were you have to thin them out, as they have a tendency to grow to fast for my likeing :lol: one of my windowsills has been turned into a seedling sill :lol: dont know were im going to put them all when they grow :roll: you could always put a shelf up on a window like ive had to do :lol:

Funnily enough, I have asked for a window sill greenhouse for my birthday with the thinking if I can't go out, I'll go up! :lol:

Luckily I like Gymnos and Fraileas.... :oops:
macavity
BCSS Member
Branch: KlNGSTON-on- THAMES

Post by macavity »

I believe it only becomes a Problem when you find you are living in one room of your house, and everything else is taken up with plants. :grin:
FairyCastles
BCSS Member

Post by FairyCastles »

macavity wrote:I believe it only becomes a Problem when you find you are living in one room of your house, and everything else is taken up with plants. :grin:
According to the census, I only have two rooms so that could be a problem :???:
:lol: