More Aloes

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
RICHAUD
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: More Aloes

Post by RICHAUD »

Herts Mike wrote:That millotii came as a cutting from Kew Gardens and was fully verified by Susan Holmes Dec 1 1993. It was originally donated by Clive Innes having been collected in Madagascar date and place unknown.

I have to say that it isn't as green as it looks in the picture. Maybe I've grown it too well..........

My jacksonii (also from Kew) looks different.
Hello Mike
Here is 2 photos where you can see how is Aloe millotii
I had the chance to see the plants in Cap Sainte Marie the only place where this specy is growing and they are like that but with the leaves shorter and more curved due to the hard conditions
Aloe millotii 2.jpg
Aloe millotii 2.jpg (43.54 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
Aloe millotii 1.jpg
Aloe millotii 1.jpg (105.54 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
For the Aloes of Madagascar there is many species to describe and discover as many parts of this country are difficult to access and no botanist explore these parts
And it's the same for others succulents (Euphorbias Kalanchoes .....) and others plants
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: More Aloes

Post by Herts Mike »

Sorry to bring up this old thread but on page 6 I queried a plant I had acquired as Aloe glauca but obviously wasn't. Eventually Richaud (haven't seen him for a while) identified it as Aloe lineata v muirii, one of those Aloes that have juvenile growth before the adult stage. Over the past year this has been moving to the adult stage and producing rosette type growth. Here it is -
IMG_20200425_1010137_rewind.jpg