Updated seed lists

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Wilk
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Updated seed lists

Post by Wilk »

I bought about 50 packets from Cactus-Nursery in late 2014. Germination was pretty good, the prices very reasonable and the list long and interesting. From memory I did not have to wait very long either. I would happily recommend.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

I'll try it next year, as it is too late to order from this list this season. Most of what I am interested in might be sold out already. But it is in this thread, so likely I will keep track of it next year!
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)

Post by AllanA »

Mesa Garden 2016 seed list is on line
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

I noticed it this afternoon. I already sent in my order.

Although most of the extensive list is almost the same every year, there are a few additions to it that I noticed that weren't there last year or the previous years.

Whitesloane crassa is back on the list again. And nice to see some Tylecodon species you don't see on other lists. And the first time I see Sarcocaulon herei available on a commercial seed list.

Too bad the prices has gone up again this year. Some even extensively; for some of the mesembs the prices went up a full dollar! If the prices continue to go up next year and / or the conversion rates of euro against the dollar is not in the advantage of the euro, this could have been my last order.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Piltz seems to have updated their seed list.

I was keeping my eye on http://www.kakteen-piltz.de/samenliste_online_en.php, with old information, waiting for it to be updated. But then I suddenly noticed a link to a 'Seed Shop' which was definately not there in the last few weeks.

Where the previous years they had a 'normal' list available, they now seem to have a seed ordering system set up. You can get to it via their website, or go directly to it via: http://piltz.hajanet.de/en/
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Anyone who ordered at Mesa Garden already got a reply, maybe even already got some payment information?

I am used to at least hear within a few days after ordering they are working on the order. And in about two weeks time I get a message to arrange payment.

After more than two weeks this time I still have not received a confirmation about my order. Odd. I might start to think something went wrong with my order. Anyone else heard back from them?
AllanA
BCSS Member

Post by AllanA »

They posted my box yesterday Aiko. It sounds like most of China ordered again. Hopefully you will hear from them soon.
Allan
Orkney
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Thanks Allan. I thought I was fast, ordering a few hours after updating the list at bout the same speed as previous years.

Did you receive an (automatic) e-mail confirmation after ordering, or was the first response the information about payment?
AllanA
BCSS Member

Post by AllanA »

First communication was on Thursday when I had an email thanking me for my order and they would deal with it that day, which they obviously did.
Allan
Orkney
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

You also ordered on 8 January?