Re Zone 6 Convention

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tony H
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORWICH

Re Zone 6 Convention

Post by Tony H »

I would just like to say how much we enjoyed this convention. It was very well organised. Regular refreshments throughout the day. Good plant sales,books, pots and sundries. And, of course, two excellent speakers. Well done to everyone involved.
Tony H
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Re Zone 6 Convention

Post by Tina »

Hi Tony
Thank you for that, it did seem to go very well but we did a lot of planning, last week emails were flying thick & fast between the committee members. We even had 'our Colin' ( el presidente) baking cakes for the doo.

I was really pleased with Rikus as a speaker- yes I'm biased , amazed he hasn't been here before. Tomas is very obsessed with his Gymno's isn't he.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony M
BCSS Membership Secretary

Post by Tony M »

I would just like to add my appreciation of all the efforts NMK Branch made to make the Convention such a success.
It was a very enjoyable day.
If you would like to do it all again next year Leicester Branch will be hosting the Zone 6 Convention on Saturday 21st. March 2015. The speakers will be Roger Ferryman and Giuseppe Orlando from Tenerife. See you there!

Tony Morris
David_K
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Secretary

Post by David_K »

Thanks for the appreciation. All the committee worked like stink and it makes it all worthwhile when we get acknowledgement like that.
David Kirkbright
Society Treasurer & Trustee,
Northants and MK Branch
Long time grower (not always well) of almost anything.
Visitors welcome but check first.