ID wanted

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter A
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

ID wanted

Post by Peter A »

I planted some rather old Ariocarpus kotchoubeyanus seed a couple of years ago, but none came up. Now I've spotted this... Does it look right to anybody?
ASIPossible Ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus seedling 2.9.14 4.jpg
CactusFanDan
BCSS Member
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: ID wanted

Post by CactusFanDan »

Well it sure doesn't look like an A. kotschoubeyanus seedling. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it almost looks like a Strombocactus or Aztekium seedling. :razz:
-Dan
Growing an eclectic mix of Cacti, with a few Caudiciforms and other Succulents. Also interested in African bulb plants.
My C&S blog
Mal H
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mal H »

Could well be an Ario.
Looks to be growing something like this runt in a batch of mine, it sort of blinded then started growing through?
image.jpg
Wirral (Chester and District branch) - Collection mostly South American cacti.
Peter A
Registered Guest

Post by Peter A »

Thank you for this, Mal. Yes it went 'blind' and then developed as you see. I assumed it was dying at first and then growing mould. It was only when I decided to take a photograph and enlarge it that I could see it was fluffy areroles and the beginning of grooves and ribs. It is only about 2.5mm across.