Bradleya 32/2014

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
bcss
BCSS Publications & Web Manager
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Website Administrator

Bradleya 32/2014

Post by bcss »

Bradleya 32 should be arriving in the mail to subscribers this week (perhaps a bit longer for overseas members).

I now have copies in stock so anyone who did not pre-order can now purchase it through the BCSS web shop,

Tony Mace
publications manager
Tony Mace
Publications Manager
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Bradleya 32/2014

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Mine arrived today :grin:
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Mal L »

Mine also arrived today. However, I advise any other subscribers to carefully check the pagination as mine has a fault - it is missing pp69-84 incl., which have been replaced by a further copy of pp117-132. Is this a general problem or specific to just a few copies?
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
Phil_SK
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Oh, no! Mine's the same. I've only had a flick through so far, and I did look twice at p86 as suddenly we were in an Aloe article (featuring unusually handsome Aloe by Bradleya standards) after a load of ascleps. It didn't occur to me why.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Just checked my copy having only glanced at it when it arrived - it appears to have all the pages in their correct places.
Liz M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Yes, mine's the same, unfortunately. What do we do now?
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Keith H »

My copy has the same missing pages. It is the first issue of Bradleya I have seen / received been a new member, binding errors excepted I am very impressed with the content and presentation, I do hope that the error can be corrected at the printer's expence.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
Mal L
BCSS Member

Post by Mal L »

Well, it seems that a substantial proportion, though clearly not all, of the latest Bradleyas are affected by this problem. At the same time as I posted my observation, I also PM'ed Tony Mace (the Publications Manager),in case he does not check the Forum frequently. I guess his response will probably be posted on the Forum and I assume that, being a Printer's error, it should ultimately be reprinted at the Printer's expense. and re-sent out?
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

Mine came the other day with all pages correct.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Hi All,

You are quite correct in your assumption that Tony does not check the Forum very frequently. However I do. I have noted those who need replacement copies and I will check the copies we have in stock and get new ones in the post to each of you.

If anyone else has a fault with theirs, please post here and as long as you are a member I will be able to put things right. If anyone who is not a member has managed to get hold of a copy and it is faulty you will have to PM me.

Apologies from the Publications team and the BCSS, once the enormity is fully knownit will be taken up with the printers.

Regards, Suzanne Mace