Seed Distribution

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
delandmo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTH SURREY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Seed Distribution

Post by delandmo »

I know it's a hard task with sorting and distributing the seed, as I've done it myself. But why can't the member's orders who have not selected rationed seed be sent out now. I'm not aware I ordered any rarities.
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DERBY

Re: Seed Distribution

Post by Ali Baba »

What's the hurry? I won't be sowing any seed until spring...
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

My BCSS seeds just came 10 minutes ago.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

As far as I understand it all the maybe 7-800 orders are when received effectively put a hat and then once they stop coming in any numbers, orders are drawn at random and fulfilled, to actually check orders and see if they only contain seeds in plentiful supply would put undue additional work on the two who do this.

Please be patient, your seeds will be with you in ample time to sow for the growing season.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

Mine arrived today. Thanks to Jeff and all involved.
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by purzo »

Had a message from my wife to say mine arrived this morning. I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing what I've got. Thanks very much to Jeff and co for their hard work. (tu)
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
The Tunn
BCSS Member

Post by The Tunn »

Mine have just arrived, revealing my inability to properly count the number of packets ordered. (only one out) :oops:
However the team have sorted it all out and a nice selection it is too - not everything I wanted but most of them.
Apologies for the extra work and thanks for all of your efforts, it is appreciated.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Mine are here too. No substitutes. I didn't think I'd ordered anything too much in demand, although perhaps I did since a couple of packets had less than 10 seeds. No tentacled Astrophytums, anyway :) Or perhaps I was just lucky and came out of the hat early.
Cheshire, UK
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

Many thanks from me too, and I won't be sowing them until March either. Just what I ordered!
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Just got mine in the post. I got two out of the eight I ordered, with six substitutions that I didn't want. My requested substitutes were sold out. Rather frustrating. At least the seeds are cheap.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.