Manfredas

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Manfredas

Post by Herts Mike »

Can anybody point me to a source of these plants?
Alan Clark
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Re: Manfredas

Post by Alan Clark »

Here is one source. Google is your friend!

http://www.cgf.net/shop.aspx?id=14&hid=14&ltr=M
Interested in cacti (particularly Echinopsis, Rebutia, Sulcorebutia, Lobivia, Gymnos and Chamaelobivia), Stapeliads, Sempervivums, and anything else that takes my fancy.
Herts Mike
BCSS Member

Post by Herts Mike »

Much appreciated Alan.

I did Google but didn't find that.
JoelR
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by JoelR »

I'd be interested in people's experience of germination and cultivation of these. M. maculosa in particular. I consistently get just 1 to germinate and then lose the plant while still small. I currently have 1 healthy seedling!

I've previously bought several species of Manfreda from Cotswold Garden Flowers and can vouch for their quality. It might be worth looking to see if they are attending Plant Hunters Fairs or Rare Plant Fairs near you this year.
Joel
West Yorks
Herts Mike
BCSS Member

Post by Herts Mike »

I grew and flowered maculosa from seed but may have lost it now. Time will tell.