Lindsey Deaves

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
topsy
BCSS Trustee
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Lindsey Deaves

Post by topsy »

It is with great sadness that I have learned from her husband, David Deaves that Lindsey passed away at 2 pm on 29th May after a fairly rapid deterioration in her health.

Lindsey contributed many times to the Forum and was a good grower of Mesembs and many other succulent plants.

She usually sold some of her propagations at the Mesemb Events in Banstead which was not too far from where she lived in Bookham, Leatherhead, Surrey.

She had battled for some eight years fighting the dreaded 'C' undergoing many different courses of treatment and she finally ran out of options. The Royal Marsden hospital has been wonderful to her and undoubtedly prolonged her life enabling her to see her grandchildren arrive.

A plucky lady who was greatly helped by her faith and those in her Church.

We send our condolences to David and the family.

Suzanne Mace

ADDITION:

I have heard from David this morning that

"Lindsey's funeral will take place on 12th June at 1.30pm, at Bookham Baptist Church, followed by refreshments in the Church hall. All are welcome. No flowers please, but if you feel you would like to make a small donation in memory of Lindsey please do so to the following charities:

Salmon Youth Centre (formerly Cambridge University Mission, where Lindsey & I were involved at the time of our wedding)
http://www.salmoncentre.co.uk
or
The Royal Marsden Hospital c/o Hawkins Funeral Directors, Leatherhead."

Suzanne
Last edited by topsy on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Lindsey Deaves

Post by AnTTun »

Seems I won't be able to tell her how her haworthia seed did this time :( :( :(

I never met her personaly but I never doubted her kindness and good soul. I doubt such person needs to be prayed for (still, I will say more than just one prayer, to keep her in my memory), I'm sure the way she lived already brought her deserved place where she is now.

Rest in peace my friend.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by AllanA »

So sorry to hear the sad news, I knew had been fighting the big C.
She will be missed. RIP Lyndsey
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

I'm sorry to hear this news. Lindsey had a lovely sense of humour which came across in her posts, which I always enjoyed reading.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Very sad to hear.
Sylvia
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Sylvia »

Very sad to hear I have many of the Haworthias that came from her seed crossings that I grew. RIP Lindsey.
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

When I first joined this forum, she gave me lots of bits to start me off - providing I made a donation to help fight C. She ran to provide funds despite her own illness. She was a very generous person, with great sense of fun. It is a great shame. RIP Lindsey. With sympathy to your family. Jane O
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

Many of us, like Lyndsey, are longstanding members of this forum. She made very many useful contributions during those years and will be missed.

Condolences to her husband and family.
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Oh, I'm so sad to hear this, Suzanne. Lindsey was a plucky lady who didn't allow her illness to get her down, and we exchanged a few PMs in the past. She will be much missed, and I also offer my condolences to her family. RIP.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Membership Secretary

Post by Al Laius »

So very sorry to hear this sad news.

It will make me treasure the plants I got from her even more.

Condolences to her family