Yucca cutting - sorry no picture

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
sue46
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SPALDING
Role within the BCSS: Member

Yucca cutting - sorry no picture

Post by sue46 »

I have a Yucca cutting, no roots snapped off the main plant. Currently have it in a bucket of water. How can I get it to grow for me please. Can't upload photo as "too large" - posting this using iPhone!
Lithos
BCSS Member
Branch: SCUNTHORPE

Re: Yucca cutting - sorry no picture

Post by Lithos »

Does not need to be in a bucket of water. Just let it scar over somewhere shady and dry, adventitous roots will appear eventually, or plant it when the stump feels rough, these are tough forgiving plants - at least here in Sheffield.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Yucca cutting - sorry no picture

Post by Keith H »

I had a small Yucca in the garden for ten years or so it eventually became a big Yucca, it flowered yearly and looked great but it was too big and in the way. Long story short but I cleared it two summers ago when I built the green house, even the smallest bit of root left in the soil has sprouted into a tiny yucca plant. Given my experiances I don't think you will have any problems rooting your yucca, give tem soil and they will grow.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554