my garden

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: my garden

Post by Herts Mike »

Just about enough space for you Tina :lol:
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

I have always been puzzled with such an ideal climate for growing cactus and succulents Tejure why there is no really strong national Spanish Cactus & Succulent Society, also why so few cacti seem to be grown in places like the Costa del Sol other than the naturalised Opuntia's and Agave's?

Don't Spanish cactophiles get together for meetings and slide shows, exhibitions etc, like most others do in Europe? Even our BCSS Nottingham Branch, in not the ideal cactus growing climate, has about 20 members for this town alone. And there are other branches not that many miles away:-

http://www.bcss.org.uk/branches.php

Of the four Spanish societies listed on Cactus Mall two of the links now seem to be dead. I tried to contact one of them before I went to Spain in past years to find out cactus nurseries and collections open to the public, but never got a reply.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

Great to see those plants growing in a more natural habitat and they are looking very good on it. I would love to be able to do that.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
tejure
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by tejure »

Thanks liza m , the words tan you say is true.Sorry my english is very bad
Tina i have a few agaves because in this land four years ago come the black picudo that eat then.Is the ideal clima to agaves, maybe in the future.The garden is now of 5000 metres, in the future maybe 10000 is a Young garden less than three years.
Dave W you can ask me the information that you want the next time you go to spain.And you can see my garden , in spain a lots of people have a cactus garden.The asocciation is poor for me too, i don´t understand why.
Personally i have more than ten cactus friends , and all my plants are also my friend´s plants.The best way to have a great garden is Exchange plants and give away plants for the Friends .You never go to agroideas in Murcia or paco serrano in almeria ?
Patrick is the fruit of four years of work,I never water my cactus after the first summer
tejure
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by tejure »

I love the matucanas
P1020534_640x480.jpg
P1020534_640x480.jpg (78.03 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
tisis a special plant to me
P1020545_640x480.jpg
P1020545_640x480.jpg (79.39 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
I have also more than 50 astros in the garden