What a surprise!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
sue46
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Member

What a surprise!

Post by sue46 »

31015 010.JPG
31015 010.JPG (74.26 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
This lives on the kitchen window, receiving lots of sunlight in summer from the setting sun, hence the segments have turned red! However, I was having a quick look at it yesterday and noticed loads of buds forming. So just going to continue watering it every few days or more and not moving it at all! I rescued it, I belive, from Wilkinsons after Christmas last year.
Lyn
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND

Re: What a surprise!

Post by Lyn »

Well done on saving it sue :-) the blooms will be so lovely :-)
Check out my Cacti and Succulent website, where I upload weekly blogs, photos, and videos :-)
http://www.desertplantsofavalon.com/
JaneO
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by JaneO »

Hi Sue,

Nothing to save, it looks really good. Buds forming now may still be a bit early but at least it will flower. Mine started early and is lovely and red because it's been outside all summer. No buds yet this year but I'm hopeful.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Keith H »

My one and only ‘Christmas cactus’ returned from its summer holiday under the greenhouse staging yesterday to take up its place on the front room window sill. The first buds are about the same stage as those on your plant, if it performs as in previous years we will have a good show of flowers during the darkest months of winter, always something to look forward to when you cannot get out in the garden as much as you would like.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554