Alan Hart

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter Cupial-Jones
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Alan Hart

Post by Peter Cupial-Jones »

It is my sad duty to report that Alan Hart, who many will know, passed away this morning after a, mercifully brief, battle with cancer. He was a member of our society for over 60 years and known to many through his long association with the Shows Committee and its stationery requirements. I personally have known him and called him friend for more than 20 years and will miss him greatly. I have expressed my condolences to his wife Dorothy and their surviving children.
Regards,

Pete

BCSS Macclesfield and East Cheshire
12x8 greenhouse : main interests Echinopsis (incl. Trichocereus, Lobivia etc) hybrids and (because everyone needs a bit of challenge in their lives) Stapeliads!
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Alan Hart

Post by BrianMc »

A very sad day and a huge loss to our hobby.
Alan was a true gentleman, incredibly knowledgeable, but extremely modest with it. He was fantastic plantsman and grower (not only C&S), always willing to encourage and help with advice.
I was privileged to get to know Alan when I started attending the Mid Cheshire Mesemb show back in 2001. Since then I spent many a happy time in his company, visiting his collection and talking about plants. Great memories that I will hold on to.
My deepest sympathies go to Dorothy and family at this very sad time.
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse