Forum appearance

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Keith L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEICESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Forum appearance

Post by Keith L »

Thanks for wrestling with this for us, Bill.

On Sunday evening I couldn't get on - a message said there were too many users with reference to the SQL.

There use to be an icon to the left of the thread title - where the right arrow is now - which showed red if there were postings which I hadn't read, and if I clicked that it took me to the first unread posting. The postings in the thread which I hadn't read also had a red icon to the left of the thread title to highlight them. This was with the new post option - don't know if it also worked with others - which I found very useful.

You're certainly making visible progress (tu)

Keith
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

It is now the arrow to the left that takes you to the last unread comment and the arrow on the right takes you to the last comment.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Mike P
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Mike P »

This seems fairly neutral to me and is tonally similar to the old scheme.
Mike
Secretary Bromley Branch
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

I really like the new forum site, Bill, and have no problem with colour, font or design. Thanks for all your hard work in setting it up and adjusting it.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
IainS
Registered Guest

Post by IainS »

Bill wrote:Odd isn't [it,} there were a lot of complaints about the green one when it was first used as well.
Well said. There's usually initial resistance to change.

Well done. The appearance is clean.

As others have already said, thank you for doing the work.

Iain
"Avoidance doesn't work"
Sylv
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Sylv »

Definately better than the blue for my eyes.Your work is very much appreciated Bill and i can imagine it isn't as easy as many may assume.I hate change to start with and with my eye problems it just makes it harder to adjust to.This colour I could live with but such a pitty it has to be changed in the first place.

Sylv.

P.S I notice my avatar has disappeared,I shall wait till everything is sorted out,then put a new one on :)
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Every time I log on at the moment, the Forum has changed. Today's brown was a big surprise. I like all the information on the side about the thread writer, it helps especially when they are talking about growing conditions and you can visualise what they are speaking about. I see I am down as Fellows, I'm sure that is not right. When it settles down we will get used to it and I must change my Avatar. Thanks Bill, I really appreciate the work you put in here.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks for comments all.

Yes Liz appears we made a bit of mess with that bit of the database, what should yours be?

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Hi Bill, I am Branch Chairman at the moment. Thanks.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Thanks for all your work Bill, I'm sure we will get used to the changes. Just a couple of comments - I could not manage with a smaller font on my i-pad; also it now says I am a seed distributor, actually I am my branch's show secretary. Thanks again.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias