Forum off-line for maintenance at 2300 GMT today!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Keith L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEICESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Forum off-line for maintenance at 2300 GMT today!

Post by Keith L »

Also getting message:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User forumbcs_bb16 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

Mine's been really slow for a while but is now back to fast! Hopefully only a temporary bottleneck that's now passed.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Peter
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Peter »

Having to log on each time. Gee I do wish we could go back to the old format. I find this now awkward to use with my iPad, hate the acorns or whatever they're supposed to be, not enough contrast in colours, having to double click on forums, text too small etc. Fiddly compared to the old style.
Pete A
Branch: READING & BASINGSTOKE
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by Pete A »

For those having to log on each time, make sure you go to the new address rather than entering the old one. Going to the old address and letting the website forward you will cause the logon to appear. This means deleting your old favourites etc.

Additionally, at the bottom of the forum there's a link called "Delete all board cookies". I recommend doing this one-time-only so that cookies from the old website are deleted and won't then cause confusion.

Let me know if this clears the issue.
Zone 8 Representative (Birmingham, High Wycombe, Kingston-on-Thames, Oxford, Reading & Basingstoke, Woking).
Liz M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

You must have ironed out the glitches, it is great now, fast and no logging on. Thanks.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
anders
Registered Guest

Post by anders »

What is "New posts" supposed to do? I almost always get the same list every time, so it is not the same as the function that listed unread posts in the old version.
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Yes thanks from me too. Hopefully not premature....all seems back to normal. Jane
fruit
BCSS Member

Post by fruit »

Not sure where to post this but probably related to recent updates
http://www.bcss.org.uk/ looks to be broken, just produces an unformatted file list here
Liz M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Yes, the same for me.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
JaneO
Registered Guest

Post by JaneO »

Hi,
Just to say I am having to log in each time again now! In relation to latest post, I think the old log in has been replaced with forum.bcss.org.uk No doubt some one will correct me.