Succulent ID anyone please?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
rodsmith
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Succulent ID anyone please?

Post by rodsmith »

My collection is mostly of cacti but I gained a succulent leaf last summer - I'm not sure where it came from but I think it dropped off someone's plant at a show or something (I didn't steal it, honest!).

Anyway, I've managed to propagate from the leaf and a photo of the resulting plant is below. It is in a 55mm (2.25 inch) pot. I know it's a bit small at present but can anyone identify it, please? It appears to be in rude health on the windowsill of our temporary accommodation.
Unknown succulent.jpg
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Succulent ID anyone please?

Post by AnTTun »

Rod, it could be quite a few things, from echeveria to.... quite a few. maybe someone recognizes it 'from a scratch', but I think it might take a while, untill it grows bigger, hopefully flowers...
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

Possibly a Graptopetalum, it needs to get a little larger for a more accurate ID.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
spinesandrosettes
Registered Guest

Post by spinesandrosettes »

My first thought was something along the lines of Graptopetalum as Diane suggested, or possibly a Graptoveria hybrid.
John Foster
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Journal Team

Post by John Foster »

Hi Rod,

I think it's most likely Graptopetalum mendozae. I had some for sale at last year's Worcester Show - that's probably where you got it.
John Foster
Zone 9 Rep
Gloucester Branch Chairman
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

John Foster wrote:Hi Rod,

I think it's most likely Graptopetalum mendozae. I had some for sale at last year's Worcester Show - that's probably where you got it.
Yes, thank you John - and thanks to all of you for your comments. I thought the source was probably the Worcester show as I remember potting the leaf in late summer and the show was in August, wasn't it. I did have a G. mendozae adult plant myself (probably from you, John) which I relinquished when we moved house, so this will replace it.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.