Rebutia heliosa

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil_SK
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Rebutia heliosa

Post by Phil_SK »

It's listed as seed in the '97 catalogue with the same not very detailed details.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks Phil, the description is very apt indeed. Thanks for your help.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks for the info Astro, I will try to contact SB when he is less busy. $3 for this plant is a bargain and good value for money. It grows slowly at first then seems to put on more heads at a quicker pace. Cheers
KarlR
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by KarlR »

Eric Williams wrote:thanks Karl, yes I am getting more interested in these plants, together with Sulcos. Aylosteras, Weingartias etc, for various reasons. Apparently they are all lumped together now in Rebutia. Not sure if I like this idea, but I will not be changing any labels to suit just yet. LoL Cheers
They do move back and forth don't they :lol:

Right now it seems as though Sulcorebutia, Weingartia and Cintia should all be called Weingartia, while Rebutia should be divided into Rebutia and Aylostera. I'm sure it will change further as well. And perhaps even Mediolobivia should be resurrected.

Anyway, like others have said there's not a lot of information in older catalogues. I forgot I have some older catalogues saved on my computer, and this is a screenshot from the 2008 seed catalogue:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (23.02 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Not much info there. It's interesting that it's more expensive than the entry below with a field number, as it's usually the other way round. Perhaps it means the one you have is prettier :grin:
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks Karl for the up todate information. Regarding the lower price for Heliosa R314 with orange flowers, flowers are really orange on my plant as the picture shows. This is what Ralph Martin has written about. Near enough to be the same plant due to variation. All very interesting though. Cheers
Bob 3
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Bob 3 »

Hi Eric
Glad to see you posting.If you have any plants/offsets for sale let me know.Haveing a disappointed start with plants drying up after first watering in late April.Hopeful i am now over the worsted.
Regards Bob