The Chileans

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter B
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

The Chileans

Post by Peter B »

This is to inform all interested parties that the Chileans will cease to exist in about two months time. Letters have been sent out to all members I know aboutboth in the Uk and overseas informing them that it is no longer possible to produce the magazine and I have not been able to locate any hard copy of any material that might have been going into issue 74. While I do have a slight inkling of some material that might have been forming the reading matter I do not have the ability or comments from subscribers that would be needed to formulate the journal. All Chileans material has been collected from Harry Middleditch's house as he has now gone into permanent 24 hour care which it is considered he will need for the rest of his life. He is aware of all that is happening and has given his blessing to the closure. The letter to members is fully explanatory and any action required from them is clearly outlined. Anybody wishing to access the material produced from 1966 can do so by visiting the website managed by Graham Charles, the Cactus Explorers website where the material has been depoosited to download. It can also be found on the Francophone website Library.

Peter B
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents