Picture

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Picture

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi all, fine day ,out with the camera. Here is the other side of my g/h,suitably shaded as it faces South. Note the obesa, self seeded, r/h bottom corner, in with a large Mamm . LoL Cheers
IMG_3264.JPG
IMG_3264.JPG (112.01 KiB) Viewed 3028 times
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Picture

Post by Liz M »

It's good to see your greenhouse is as crowded as mine, a good selection of stuff in there. What is the two tiered cactus at the back? The self-seeded Euphorbia obesa is really impressive and, I imagine, even bigger than some people's carefully cultivated ones. Would the Mammillaria be M microhelia?
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Is it an uebelmannia
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

You certainly have a good varied collection there Eric and they all look happy and healthy, I recognise some of my favourites. Thanks for posting.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
DragonFish66
BCSS Member
Branch: BARROW & District

Post by DragonFish66 »

Very nice collection there (tu)
Lyn
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND

Post by Lyn »

Such a BEAUTIFUL collection :-)
Check out my Cacti and Succulent website, where I upload weekly blogs, photos, and videos :-)
http://www.desertplantsofavalon.com/
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks all for kind comments. Yes Tina, its pectinifera with odd growth at apex lol. and for Liz the large Mamm. is bombycina. Due to its size,and the bowl its in is falling apart, it is one of the most neglected plant (watering) that I have. 99% ot the water ends up on the bench, perhaps the lack of moisture is a better requirement for the E. obesa as it seems to thrive on this cultivation. Cheers ps will try to put up a pic of the Mamm.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Mamm. bombycina, thriving on neglect, which is a pity as it is a lovely plant. Due to its size and weight I find it difficult to lift and move,with a bit of TLC is would be a much better specimen I think. Cheers
IMG_3270.JPG
IMG_3270.JPG (90.39 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

You have a wonderful jungle there Eric, a nice sight of overflowing staging all too familiar in members greenhouses.
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks for nice comment Ray, one of my pet hates is an empty space on the benches LoL. I always wondered what would be the optimum number of plants we should grow and grow all to perfection. Due to lack of space I tend not to re pot as often as i should, as I know the plants buck up no end when put in fresh compost and correct size pot. Cheers