3 young Ariocarpus

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
jfabiao
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: 3 young Ariocarpus

Post by jfabiao »

Eric Williams wrote:Nice plants, when my seed grown Arios flower, I think Iv,e made it, but I suppose there are far more difficult genera out there. Cheers
It will take a lot less time than you think, Eric. You'll be looking for a new challenge pretty soon - I know I did!
Z

In sunny Lisbon, Portugal.
The Clumsy Gardener
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

You are right Mike, best advice re Arios came from Rene Giesler a few years ago. Grow your plants as close to the glass as possible. My shelf is inches from the apex. Also they do not burn. Cheers
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Here's another one taken yesterday. This is from Society seed 2007 and named A. kotschoubeyanus ssp skarupkianus but that name seems to have disappeared. Anybody know?

Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

See pp 4-5 and 53 of this pdf: http://www.moh.cz/pdf/amr/50.pdf
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

Cheers Phil.