CactiGuide Update

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
DaveW
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

CactiGuide Update

Post by DaveW »

I still could not log on so emailed Tony Mace and he says:-

"The Forum software needs an upgrade to the latest version. Daiv is trying to find somebody to do it."

Looks like it will be off line for a while then.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: CactiGuide Update

Post by rodsmith »

We'll have to wait for Daiv then, Dave.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
DaveW
BCSS Member

Post by DaveW »

Seems people who stayed logged on can post Rod, but those of us that were logged out at the time cannot log on again? I use C-Cleaner once or twice a week to remove all the rubbish my computer picks up from various sites, including all the snooping cookies which are almost universal now on every site you visit such as online newspapers. Therefore I have to then log on again to sites like this Forum and CactiGuide using the passwords memorised by my computer. However C-Cleaner logged me off and now CactiGuide will not let me in again until the problem is fixed. I can still read new postings on CactiGuide, but not post myself.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

All the more reason for making the BCSS Forum the premier place to post and helping to invigorate it in any way you can :wink:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
DaveW
BCSS Member

Post by DaveW »

We brought some of their members over here as well Tony through linking to posts here in the past. Even obtained some new overseas BCSS members that way.

Even some of this Forum's Moderators post there too. :grin:
Last edited by DaveW on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

DaveW wrote:Seems people who stayed logged on can post Rod, but those of us that were logged out at the time cannot log on again? I use C-Cleaner once or twice a week to remove all the rubbish my computer picks up from various sites, including all the snooping cookies which are almost universal now on every site you visit such as online newspapers. Therefore I have to then log on again to sites like this Forum and CactiGuide using the passwords memorised by my computer. However C-Cleaner logged me off and now CactiGuide will not let me in again until the problem is fixed. I can still read new postings on CactiGuide, but not post myself.
Thanks for the update, Dave. That explains why I'm unable to post there as I have cleared my cookies a couple of times since I previously visited the site.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
DaveW
BCSS Member

Post by DaveW »

Just tried again Rod this morning and CactiGuide is up and running with a new board and I could log on.

http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/index.php
majcka
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by majcka »

DaveW wrote:Just tried again Rod this morning and CactiGuide is up and running with a new board and I could log on.

Obviously things went OK this time. (tu) (tu) (tu)
Maja
BCSS No. 50507

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier.
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

DaveW wrote:Just tried again Rod this morning and CactiGuide is up and running with a new board and I could log on.

Yes, I've got back in at last. :grin: Thanks Dave.
Rod Smith