Stapeliads

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Stapeliads

Post by Herts Mike »

Been doing a lot of work on them recently.

I have catalogued them pending my grandson setting up a spreadsheet for me and was surprised to find I already have 60 different varieties - quite satisfying as I lost a lot of plants in my house move 18 months ago. Thanks to those who helped me with spare plants.

They have all been watered and here I water them and then put them straight on the base of the propagator for a week by which time they have dried out and stems are turgid. I have 3 trays of seedlings/cuttings but one had quite an infestation of mealy bug (obviously on the side away from you). Slight panic here as I no longer have a Provado aerosol but I did have meths which I spray them with to control black spot so used that instead which has done the trick for now.

All in all pretty pleased with results.

Roll on spring!