Source for Enviro Gro bulbs

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Source for Enviro Gro bulbs

Post by Cactus Kid »

I am looking for replacement bulbs for the Enviro Gro system. (see link below)

https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/prod ... t-4-tubes/

I have tried the company that I bought the system from but they no longer supply just the bulbs due to breakages during transport. I have tried hydroponic shops but they tend not to stock the type needed. :lol:

The bulbs are `Auro Brite High output 54w 6400k'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Source for Enviro Gro bulbs

Post by Tony R »

All the 6400K ones on eBay seem to ship from the US.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Cactus Kid »

Yes, I noticed that Tony.

The only links to suppliers I can find in the UK are hydroponic places but when I tried them the T5 lights they had gave off a murky yellow brown colour, whereas the original ones are a very bright white blue shade.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
corky
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by corky »

I use envirogrow lights and get the bulbs from "growell" they're a hydroponics shop but I've not noticed the murky yellow , they seem fine to me
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Lots of 54w tubes with various colour temps... http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/Lamps?search=54w