Sedum mocinianum / piaxtlaense

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roberto A
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Sedum mocinianum / piaxtlaense

Post by Roberto A »

I recently bought this plant in a garden center; it was labelled Echeveia globulosa: obviosly an error.
Now, the plants is the one generally sold as Sedum hintonii, but certanly it is NOT that species.
It could be S. mocinianum or S. piaxtlaense.... : the stem and leaves resemble those of S. mocinianum, in my opinion, but the flowering stem correspond to that of S. piaxtlaense.....
Have you any comment?
Attachments
17190744_10212264865766686_733364400823533662_n.jpg
17103652_10212264866406702_8553137396594293947_n.jpg
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Sedum mocinianum / piaxtlaense

Post by Liz M »

This is Sedum paixtlaense, its flowers and flower stems are noticeably different from Sedum mocinianum. A very nice plant, too.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Roberto A
BCSS Member

Re: Sedum mocinianum / piaxtlaense

Post by Roberto A »

Liz M wrote:This is Sedum paixtlaense, its flowers and flower stems are noticeably different from Sedum mocinianum. A very nice plant, too.
.. but I am doubtful about it being S. piaxtalaense as the original description says: <<rosette: lax>>; on the other hand, it says <<rosette: dense>> about S. mocinianum......
Does not seem to you that "my" plant has a very dense rosette???