BCSS Website - have your say - design and feel.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: BCSS Website - have your say - design and feel.

Post by Chris43 »

OK, good to know and feel reassured that it is understood.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by habanerocat »

Is the "View the latest post" arrow supposed to bring you to the last post posted or the latest post posted since you last viewed the thread? I find it inconsistent.

It would be handy if it brought you straight to the last post you read. If fact, in most forum sites clicking the thread title brings you to the last post you read.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

It should take you to the latest unread post.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

FWIW re the Haworthia Soc website, it's easy to navigate, with not too much clutter on the home page. Simple navigation is key for me in a web site.

I have a couple of reservations re the page headers. I am not so keen on the self-changing big pic at the top of the site, and what is more irritating is that this is not only on the home page but repeated on all subsequent pages. It occupies (together with the H Soc heading) too much space at the top of each page and requires scrolling down to see content, which to me is unwelcome.
daniel82
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by daniel82 »

Yes please, less clutter and with a clean and tidy look is always so much better. One of the things I like about our forum is that it works, with pretty quick loading and is easy to read and navigate. Also my personal bugbear is that i really dislike links to social media (on various other sites), it adds clutter and is something I'm not interested in.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Social media is a fact of modern life I am afraid and if we want to attract new and younger members we have to use every tool available to us in a sensible way. As for clutter yes it needs to be clean and clear but the BCSS has a lot to push so it's not going to be as clutter free as say the Haworthia society site.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.