BCSS Website - have your say - functionalty.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: BCSS Website - have your say - functionalty.

Post by Bill »

Explorer/Edge, Opera and Safari are all fine at present

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Bill wrote: Jim, the security thing is not an issue for users of the Haworthia site as the security warning is to do with passwords and only 2 people have password access. I assume you are using Chrome, its Google that started this off, initially for sites where you enter a password or card details but eventually for all sites, effectively it means we have to spend money to buy a security certificate and then modify our site to deliver the pages as HTTPS at the whim of a megabucks corporation. But it is in hand.
I just have tried the Haworthia site on an Android tablet and there is no warning so Google have not been consistent.

What I was more concerned about was the issue we had a while ago with a script on one of the branch sites that caused the bcss.org sites to be classed as dangerous by McAfee. The new proposal would appear to allow more people to create content so potentially increased possibility of something being created that is deemed unsafe by one of these bots.
Bill

Post by Bill »

That I believe was as a result of a hack on one of the branch sites because they hadn't kept there software up to date, however the option exists to allow editor rights but any changes or new pages will need approval before publishing, something i plan to use at least intialy.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Acid John
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Acid John »

Would it be possible to just click on a photo and the website does what is needed so others can see your photo. At the moment you select a photo wait for the green bar then nothing happens, no information nothing. it is very off putting.
Acid John
Bill

Post by Bill »

Test please ignore
IMG_3375.PNG