A couple of echeveria questions (with photos)

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Simon83
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

A couple of echeveria questions (with photos)

Post by Simon83 »

Hi everyone,
I'm very new to echeveria so please bare with me. I was wondering firstly whether anyone knows the name of these which I brought back from holiday in Holland not long ago.....
P1250296.jpg
Another query I have is about the following one which is a setosa I believe but again I don't know the exact name? Its began getting little rusty coloured patches on the leafs - I do have it in a very bright window, do you think this is sunburn?
P1250286.jpg
One final question - I have a couple of plants where the bottom outer leafs are wrinkling up / getting tiny creases in them, I gave them a small water as I thought they were too dry but it doesn't seem to have a made any difference. Can anyone think what this may be? The actual plant seems fine other than the odd leaf like that.
Many thanks everyone,
Simon
Craney85
BCSS Member
Branch: CRAWLEY

Re: A couple of echeveria questions (with photos)

Post by Craney85 »

Hello again. Not sure on the first plant but the second I think is echeveria "pulvinata" or "Doris Taylor". I have one it the same thing happened to it last summer, think it's sunburn or heat burn. Maybe sudden exposure to bright conditions or no ventilation.
Attachments
IMG_2105.JPG
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: A couple of echeveria questions (with photos)

Post by juster »

Hi Simon, the second one does look like E. pulvinata or one of its hybrids. The first looks like a plant I was given last year labelled as E. x ramillette
IMG_0396.JPG
I rather like it and assume one of its parents might be E. derenbergii. Just a suggestion, there are other possibilities.
If your plants are in a window with full sun then they might be a bit too hot and dry, so scorching and wrinkled leaves could occur. It can be tricky to get the right balance with watering and sun, especially early in the year.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias