Only in America

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Only in America

Post by Stuart »

Cactus shows in the USA have always shown plants as an art form, staged in ornate ceramic pots in only a way that Americans can do well. It's 1st April already and only a few months away from the American National Show at the Huntington and finally, there is some recognition for plants in plastic pots - almost unheard of in the US. Last year there was a stunning Yucca Endlichiana in a plastic bowl (I'd have given it 'Best Succulent in Show' but I only judged their show once and they've not asked me back!)
AADSCF3945.JPG
Normally it wouldn't have stood a chance being in a plastic pot and not having any added lumps of rock etc but this was its lucky day as, thanks to some indirect English influence, it didn't miss out.
ADSCF3946.JPG
Yes, finally there is an award for the 'Best Plant In A Plastic Pot'. Not too difficult to win as this might have been the only plant in a plastic pot but - yes you can go to a show with a big Yucca, and come home with a big ass filling the passenger seat.
ADSCF3947a.JPG
Only in America
Stuart