odd Lithops

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
BrianMc
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

odd Lithops

Post by BrianMc »

As some of my Lithops seedlings from 2015 and 2016 are beginning to wake, I can see that not all are wanting to conform.
normal otzeniana 'Cesky Granat'
normal otzeniana 'Cesky Granat'
unusual otzeniana 'Cesky Granat'
unusual otzeniana 'Cesky Granat'
This time a species - L.hermetica - look at the small seedling on the left, looking more like L.steinekeana
This time a species - L.hermetica - look at the small seedling on the left, looking more like L.steinekeana
It looks like the plants in both cases are lacking windows. Of course there is a good chance that these oddballs will revert to windowed plants next season, but there may be a higher chance that they will succumb before that happens.

-----------------------------------
edit: unfortunately the images are not displaying in the order they should be even after editing. Hermetica is meant to be last. Fortunately I have captioned them.
-----------------------------------
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse