Advice on jade please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Advice on jade please

Post by Jim_Mercer »

[quote="Maureen43"] I have read that these plants may or may not flower, and if they do, it will only be in winter. My plant lives in an unheated conservatory year round and it flowers in June and again in November. /quote]

There are two different plants that get called Jade - the one with green leaves is Crassula ovata and that normally flowers in Winter if it gets the correct conditions which seem to involve short daylight hours and lower night temperatures. The other plant with larger greyer leaves is Crassula arborescens which is usually flowers spring/summer. I always get flowers on my C.ovata kept in a greenhouse but only an occasional flower on C. arborescens no matter where I put them and C. ovata on windowsills also reluctant to flower.