My Echeveria minima...

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
rodsmith
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

My Echeveria minima...

Post by rodsmith »

...was putting on a fine display this afternoon.
Echeveria minima flowers 22 June 2017.JPG
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: My Echeveria minima...

Post by juster »

As you say Rod, a lovely display of flowers; my Echeverias seem to have flowered particularly well this year. Is this a plant that came 'out of the dark'?
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

That's a lot of flowers on a very small plant. The weather this year must have suited it.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

juster wrote:As you say Rod, a lovely display of flowers; my Echeverias seem to have flowered particularly well this year. Is this a plant that came 'out of the dark'?
No Juster. This plant was one of the lucky ones and avoided "the dark". It spent last summer on the balcony of our flat and was moved into the conservatory at our new place last October, where it has been ever since. It bloomed well last summer, with 8 heads. This year I have counted 13.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
FaeLLe
BCSS Member
Branch: DERBY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by FaeLLe »

It does seem like a good year; my Echeveria Elegans is in the soil and has three flower heads and two of them have been on for around two months without withering!
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Your plant is obviously happy Rod. Perhaps the dark would have been too much for this one, but I remain amazed at how the others survived.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias