Sulco.rauschii/Rebutia pulchra

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DERBY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Sulco.rauschii/Rebutia pulchra

Post by Ali Baba »

A field mouse can get through a gap the width of a pencil and chew through plastic. I looked at making screens with wire mesh, but at the necessary mesh size it occluded too much of the vent area to be left on all day, so I settled for shutting the vents and doors at dusk. Here in the chilly midlands it doesn't seem to cause a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Sulco.rauschii/Rebutia pulchra

Post by Keith H »

D^L wrote:I leave all doors open 24/7 during the summer. I made some wooden frames covered with agrilan mesh to cover them. Keeps cats (my local bain) and large snails out. Bit of a pain but allows loads of air circulation.
David Lambie
Bristol
I keep saying that I will make a mesh inner door for one side of my double sliding doors, yet another summer has passed with out the required 'round too it' :)
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554