Mixing Chemicals

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Mixing Chemicals

Post by Peter »

Yes Gerald, but as we know, certain chemicals are neutralised in soil. I have no difficulty in treating thousands of plants on separate days. Spraying takes about 15 minutes.

And Alexander responded to my comment that by mixing chemicals you create another chemical, this happens in relatively few cases. i'll accept that, but would qualify it by stating that if it happened just once that would be one time too many for me!
Alexander
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Re: Mixing Chemicals

Post by Alexander »

Peter wrote:if it happened just once that would be one time too many for me!
For me as well, that's why I wanted to know what the active ingredient in the insect killer was. Acetamiprid is fine for soil drenches and also used in products/mixes containing fertilizers (and other stuff).

It's good to be cautious, but on the internet that's how myths start or are propagated. Strangely enough, most people have no problem mixing or applying "natural" remedies, even though there is a much higher risk of unwanted reactions due to the "natural" remedies containing lots of different chemical compounds in varying amounts usually.