Euphorbia problems

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
purzo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Euphorbia problems

Post by purzo »

I have a few Euphorbias which mostly seem to be happy enough in the conditions in my greenhouse but 3 plants are obviously not right and I would appreciate any advice on what might be going wrong and how to grow them better. They are in a gritty mix comprising JI3, grit (60/40ish), I've been feeding them Chempak 8 fairly regularly, watering every 2 weeks since about April. The knobelii & graniticola were kept with the others in the sunny side of a greenhouse until recently when I quarantined them to the other GH which is less light (so they haven't been under that bubble wrap all summer).

Thanks in advance.

Problem 1.
E ambovombensis: Only grows flowers, never leaves like those in pictures of other plants I've seen.
Euphorbia-ambovombensis-12S.jpg
Problem 2.
E knobelii & E graniticola: Were growing well until mid-summer when skin on both plants became scabby and growth ceased (since restarted slightly, see lower left E knobelii).
Euphorbia-knobelii-12Sep17.jpg
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants