Adro question

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
brianc
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Adro question

Post by brianc »

I have just looked at Chris R website two names came up Pienaarii and Kitchingii . I have not heard of these
before could chris or anybody else provide me with further information.
Nice website its good to see adros in habitat.
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SCUNTHORPE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Adro question

Post by ChrisR »

Do you have a copy of the PRT Adro book Brian? It's still available new from Keith Larkin and cheap enough. It mentions these two names. You can email me from my website for more info.
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
brianc
BCSS Member

Post by brianc »

Thank you Chris for your reply, believe it or not but i have two of the books PRT Adros one hard back for my
library and a soft back which i keep in my G/House for every day use ,i must have looked through it hundreds
of times, i feel such a fool for posting the question now. Adros are my favourite plants.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

brianc wrote:i feel such a fool for posting the question now. Adros are my favourite plants.
So... what is the answer to your own question? Not all of us have that book, so don't leave us in anxious suspense over this.
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SCUNTHORPE

Post by ChrisR »

It's cheap enough Aiko.....everyone should have a copy! :grin:
Screenshot (3).png
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

I saw a hard bound copy at ELK a few years back for only 5 eurs (if I recall well). I didn't buy it, but was having some remorse afterwards. Haven't seen the book since...
brianc
BCSS Member

Post by brianc »

Hello AIKO
It appears that both adros mentioned are both related to A Trigynus a section 2 plant.
They are mentioned in the section of the book superfluos and dubious names.
They are small leaved plants which are sometimes seen in cultivation,i have never seen them
the nearest plant with very small leaves that i have is A Nanus but that is in section 3.
If you are interested in Adros i recommend the mentioned book, i mainly grow the low growing
plants as i find some can get out of hand and look very untidy.
I started growing Adros about 20 years ago and found it very hard to find plants so ended up buying
anything i found, but now it is much easier to find plants so i am abit more selective.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District

Post by Stuart »

I have suggested to DT & JP that the Adro book deserves a reprint, hardback, larger page size with more photos, plants in habitat and cultivation.
Stuart