Lithops

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
mjg75
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: OXFORD

Lithops

Post by mjg75 »

Hi

I've been slowly building my collection of lithops up but am struggling to find seeds for sale. I am a member of the msg and they've been very helpful. Does anyone know a good supplier of seeds or plants.

Many thanks Martin.

Also looking for thelocactus bicolour seeds or plants saw one in flower and was amazed.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Re: Lithops

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi mjg, not sure about seeds, but if you google Tony Irons lithops you will find he has exellent lithops plants at very competitive prices. I have bought many at shows from Tony, and have always been very pleased with my plants. Cheers
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Have you seen the MSG seedlist? More Lithops than you can shake a stick at! Or perhaps not if you are trying to pick up "one of everything" because they tend to have a lot of slightly unusual/new/interesting things.

Cono's Paradise has a wide selection of seed and is within the EU. I can't think of any UK suppliers that can really match that at the moment. There are a number of Eastern European semi-pro sellers with varying selections at low prices, but unless you like identifying what you really got after the fact I can't really recommend any of them.

Mesa Garden was always the go-to place when you were ready to order from outside the EU, but it is going through a change of owners at the moment, the new list comes out in January, and stock has been an issue with lots of Chinese buyers snapping things up.

I always have a random collection of capsules from whatever happened to get pollinated last year, a few L. lesliei, a few L. pseudotruncatella, that sort of thing, as will most Lithops growers. They are easy to pollinate and produce a lot of seed.
Cheshire, UK
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Aiko »

ADBLPS also has a selection of Lithops in every list: http://adblps-graines-cactus.com/commander_EN.html

There will be an update on the list in October or November. I don't think it will get a run like Mesa Garden from China, so a safer choice if the list has something of interest to you. It also doesn't take as long as Mesa Garden before you get a reply with a quote and finally the envelope with the seeds. ADBLPS is a good source.
daniel82
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD

Post by daniel82 »

I second ADBLPS as a good source of seed, never had lithops from them personally but had cacti and always been happy with them. Succseed has a very easy to use website and they list a fair amount of lithops, I've always been very happy with them too.