Conophytum regale

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
cactuspip
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Conophytum regale

Post by cactuspip »

Thanks Suzanne,

Now I know who is to blame!

Cactuspip
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

Been to the greenhouse and my regale is SH84.1

Suzanne
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by ChrisR »

They are on a single ridge and I've been there 3 times but never ventured far as it's so close to the road and easy for a quick look to "see how it's doing" on the way back to our O'Kiep hotel at the end of the day. So I asked SH if SB.793 and SH.84.1 are the same.......

I do know; and that depends on how you define ridge.
SH 84.1 was right next to the road - I was surprised, only 30 meters or so, very low down, s-facing - and just from a collected seed pod in 1985 with Bryan (Makin).;
SB 793 is at the extreme east end, near the highest point, northish-facing but (mostly) deep
in. ARM showed it to us in 1982. (So probably half a km away from 84.1). I would think they would be + - unconnected by pollinators. Funny, 84.1 is smaller here, but the looseness seems typical...

It's an easily accessed place so very vulnerable to collecting and I got the impression on my third visit last May that there were far fewer plants closer to the road than when I first looked in 1992.
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.