E Obesa seedlings.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
pvdw
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

E Obesa seedlings.

Post by pvdw »

I harvested about 90 seeds of 2 E obesa and 2 E meloformis plants a while ago. Planted them 2 weeks ago. In total 41 has germinated so far. Real happy with the germination.
Attachments
IMG_20171202_124408-1.jpg
kohinoor
Registered Guest

Re: E Obesa seedlings.

Post by kohinoor »

some seed are sleepy you may have more germinate a few months later
From taiwan. hot humid subtropical island.
Pachypodium grow like weed here.
(not really, but u get the idea hot sunny rainy)
pvdw
Registered Guest

Post by pvdw »

kohinoor wrote:some seed are sleepy you may have more germinate a few months later
Thanks. Do I just keep on watering the the seedlings like normal and wait for some more to germinate?
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by ChrisR »

so following on from the other two E.obesa threads, does this seed have any provenance?
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK BCSS 27098

See www.conophytum.com for ca.4000 photos and growing info on Conophytum, Crassula & Adromischus.
pvdw
Registered Guest

Post by pvdw »

ChrisR wrote:so following on from the other two E.obesa threads, does this seed have any provenance?
Unfortunatly not Chris. The mother plants were bought from small private collectors with no info from where there seeds were from.

I do have some contacts in Graaff Reinet now. Want to try to get some pure veld seeds to grow pure plants for myself.
kohinoor
Registered Guest

Post by kohinoor »

pvdw wrote:
kohinoor wrote:some seed are sleepy you may have more germinate a few months later
Thanks. Do I just keep on watering the the seedlings like normal and wait for some more to germinate?
i will say just keep them in normal seedling care condition. It work for my seed just don;t toss away the soil which may still contain viable seed.
From taiwan. hot humid subtropical island.
Pachypodium grow like weed here.
(not really, but u get the idea hot sunny rainy)
pvdw
Registered Guest

Post by pvdw »

kohinoor wrote:
pvdw wrote:
i will say just keep them in normal seedling care condition. It work for my seed just don;t toss away the soil which may still contain viable seed.
Noted (tu) . Thanks
pvdw
Registered Guest

Post by pvdw »

Hi all.

Here is a follow up pick of my crop. I feel happy with there development.

In the end almost 70 has germinated.
Attachments
al5.jpg