PM problem

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
rodsmith
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

PM problem

Post by rodsmith »

Yesterday I attempted so send a PM to another member but it's still in my outbox this morning. I've since attempted to resend it with another message but that too is sitting in my outbox. I've recently sent other PMs without any problem. Does anyone know what's going on?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
JaneO
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: PM problem

Post by JaneO »

Hi Rod,
I thought they remained in your Inbox until recipient opened them?
Jane
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Post by DaveW »

I think you mean they remain in your outbox until the recipient opens them Jane?

Any still in your outbox Rod means the person it was sent to has not looked at it yet, not it has not sent.
Nottingham Branch BCSS. Joined the then NCSS in 1961, Membership number 11944. Cactus only collection.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

DaveW wrote:I think you mean they remain in your outbox until the recipient opens them Jane?

Any still in your outbox Rod means the person it was sent to has not looked at it yet, not it has not sent.
Correct - a quirk of the system - but useful, for you can then tell if the recipient has read it or not.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Thanks Guys. As you say, Tony, a useful indicator that the addressee hasn't read the message. (tu)
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
JaneO
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by JaneO »

Sorry! I got my ins and outs confused!