Please help me ID my new cacti and succulents

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
baNINAsplitt
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Please help me ID my new cacti and succulents

Post by baNINAsplitt »

Hi! I recently got a few cacti and succulents and I need help identifying them. I would really appreciate your help! :)
Attachments
ID PLANTS .jpg
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Please help me ID my new cacti and succulents

Post by rodsmith »

The plants seem quite small and not very easy to identify. However, 2 and 3 look like echeverias and 7 appears to be a mammillaria elongata. Several of the plants seem to be showing signs of etiolation (fast growth with too little light). This may be due to the way they were stored before you got them.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Mal L
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mal L »

Number 3 looks like Echeveria "Black Prince". I suspect that 5 & 6 are Rebutias/ Aylosteras of some sort, but would hesitate to put a name to them without seeing flowers (and more normal growth under better light conditions, as Rod suggested). No. 8 is what was commonly know as Mammillaria gracilis, but seems to have been renamed to Mammillaria vetula subsp. gracilis. No. 9 is not very clear but looks like a Euphorbia
Malcolm
Stockport, UK
Member of Macclesfield & East Cheshire BCSS Branch

Collection mainly of cacti, though interested in a much wider variety of plants than I can accommodate!
anders
Registered Guest

Post by anders »

4. A very pale Lobivia arachnacantha?
baNINAsplitt
Registered Guest

Post by baNINAsplitt »

rodsmith wrote:The plants seem quite small and not very easy to identify. However, 2 and 3 look like echeverias and 7 appears to be a mammillaria elongata. Several of the plants seem to be showing signs of etiolation (fast growth with too little light). This may be due to the way they were stored before you got them.
Thank you so much! :)
baNINAsplitt
Registered Guest

Post by baNINAsplitt »

Mal L wrote:Number 3 looks like Echeveria "Black Prince". I suspect that 5 & 6 are Rebutias/ Aylosteras of some sort, but would hesitate to put a name to them without seeing flowers (and more normal growth under better light conditions, as Rod suggested). No. 8 is what was commonly know as Mammillaria gracilis, but seems to have been renamed to Mammillaria vetula subsp. gracilis. No. 9 is not very clear but looks like a Euphorbia
baNINAsplitt
Registered Guest

Post by baNINAsplitt »

anders wrote:4. A very pale Lobivia arachnacantha?