Mesa Garden

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Nick_G
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Mesa Garden

Post by Nick_G »

I've been a bit of a critic of Mesa Garden over the last few years, wrongly named seeds, poor customer service and literally months between ordering and receiving the seeds but I must give credit where it's due, my order placed on 17th December was dispatched on the 19th and received today. Very impressive.

I didn't wait for the new catalogue as I just wanted Escobarias, nevertheless excellent service.
BCSS no.33806

Turbinicarpus, Lophophora, Ariocarpus, Lobivia and Gymnocalycium
DaveW
BCSS Member
Branch: NOTTINGHAM
Role within the BCSS: Branch President

Re: Mesa Garden

Post by DaveW »

Mesa Gardens changed hands not too long ago when Steven Brack sold it, so due to the changeover they have been a while sorting themselves out.

"After 40 years of building a legacy, Steven and Linda Brack have retired! Mesa Garden is now under new ownership. The new owners are Aaron and Tarah Morerod. It is important to note that very little will change immediately. The list of seeds and plants that we offer will remain the same.

We do have a new email address: mesagarden@swcp.com. Please update your address book.

Steven and Linda have loved every moment of the last 40 years and have made many wonderful friends and memories. They are truly thankful for all the support over the years. This is such a bittersweet time but please join us in wishing them well as they get some much deserved rest and time to travel and enjoy life."
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Post by Herts Mike »

I can echo Nick's comments. I ordered late November mainly to avoid the crush for the new seed list and it was dealt with almost immediately.
mdpillet
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by mdpillet »

I'm looking forward to see the new cactus list, and I hope that the prices have not increased yet again. My main concern at this point is that they seem to be shifting away from cacti toward where the money is - mesembs. Can't necessarily blame them for that but there's many species offered by MG in the past that I'd love to see on their list again, like obscure Mexican columnars. Given that I order from Eastern Europe quite a bit I've learned to be quite patient about getting my orders...