Etwin Aslander seeds

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Mafate79
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Etwin Aslander seeds

Postby Mafate79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello all,

Have any of you ever ordered Mesemb seeds from Etwin Aslander? Does he sell to Europe? I tried several times to contact him on this subject in the past but never got an answer...

Thank you for your help.
ChrisR
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Etwin Aslander seeds

Postby ChrisR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Mafate79 wrote: I tried several times to contact him on this subject in the past but never got an answer...

Does that probably mean he doesn't sell what you want and gets fed up with all the enquiries? I know that happens to me.
Chris Rodgerson- Sheffield UK

BCSS 27098

see http://www.conophytum.com for about 1250 pictures of Conophytum, 370 Adromischus and 430 Crassula in habitat & in cultivation.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Postby Jim_Mercer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Etwin wrote the following on Facebook a few weeks ago...

Unfortunately i will not be able to deal with anymore plant or seed requests at this stage. I am fully booked at least till March next year.
Mafate79
Registered Guest

Postby Mafate79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello Chris,

As you say, I also supposed that he could be fed up with too many inquiries. However, I know that some people got seeds from him in the past and I didn't ask for specific things, I just asked him if he had a list.

I think I asked him twice, with several months between each inquiry.
Mafate79
Registered Guest

Postby Mafate79 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello Jim,

Yes I saw this, but my last inquiry was about one year ago I think, at least. So my true question is to know if he used to sell seeds to Europe in the past, or if he never did.
mary44
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Postby mary44 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm

I have bought seeds from him many times on ebay. He sells bulk packets of seeds for quite reasonable prices, and have had some superb plants raised. I can't remember his ebay name right now. Edited: 123etwin.
Mafate79
Registered Guest

Postby Mafate79 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 am

Hello Mary,

With your help, I could find Etwin on eBay and finally his site (https://capesucculentseeds.com/) where he says "We ship worldwide but please be sure that the seeds are legal in your country".

Thank you.

Sylvain
mary44
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Postby mary44 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm glad I could help. I recommend his mixed packets of seed if you aren't too bothered about exact naming. The packet of mixed lithops I had proved to be full of a wide variety of different lithops.

I did not know about Etwin's website so I have learned something too.

He can be quite slow to send, and I once found a dead mosquito in the bottom of the envelope :shock: but that aside he seems a very reliable seller.

I have a feeling I read somewhere there are restrictions on selling lithops seed from South Africa now but I am not sure where I read it.

Return to “The Cactus & Succulent Plant Forum”