Derek Bowdery

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
agavedave
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Derek Bowdery

Postby agavedave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Sad loss of a great friend.

We spent many enjoyable hours chatting about agaves and the word in general. I visited Derek regularly throughout the summer, swapped a few plants and sometimes he would let me chop down some of his amazing crop of brambles at the back of the greenhouses while we chatted. The last time that we spoke was about the middle of December.

I learned a lot from Derek.

Regards
Dave
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Journal Team

Postby Dot » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Derek was someone who always supported events and was always cheerful and smiling.
I first met him at the Judges Course in the 1980's and later remember him coming to Sheffield Branch with Karen to give a talk. He and Karen came to us before the meeting for a meal and we had a lovely time together. Two of our grandchildren were there and they really enjoyed meeting our visitors.

Derek will be missed at many events, but will not forgotten,

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Journal Editor

Postby Al Laius » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Derek always had time for everyone and was one of the loveliest, friendliest people I have ever known. I will certainly miss him very much.

Return to “The Cactus & Succulent Plant Forum”